This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) sets out how Together As One Financial, a company located in the United States of America and owner of the Together As One Financial website www.togetherasonefinancial.com (collectively referred to in this document as “Together As One Financial” “we” “our” or “us”) protects the privacy of your personal information.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”).
If you choose to use any part of our service, you will be required to provide us with additional personal information which includes, but is not limited to: your email address, zip code, marital status, employment status, risk tolerance, living situation details, property and vehicle ownership, family information such as number of children and number of pets, whether you are a homeowner or a renter, your income, amounts of your savings and debts, and general details about your current insurance, date of birth, gender, occupation, address, smoking status, height and weight, certain family history, certain health history, certain driving history, and your citizenship status (collectively, “Quote Information”). We use this information to calculate the price estimates for coverage you request.
To apply for an insurance policy, you will need to become a Member and also submit your social security number, phone number and address in addition to Quote Information (collectively, “Application Information”).
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”). We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customize our Service.
You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time, through your device settings.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information, and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- We, along with third-party vendors, such as Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions, and other demographic functions, as they relate to our website.
- Google Analytics will associate the visitation information it collects from our site with Google information from accounts of End users who have consented to this association for the purpose of ads personalization. This Google information may include end-user location, search history, and data from sites that partner with Google—and is used to provide aggregated and anonymized insights into users’ cross-device behaviors. These features are also subject to the Google Analytics Advertising Features policies.
We also use third-party vendors, such as Facebook pixels or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with Ad impressions, and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Use of Data
Together As One Financial uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide you with guides, policies, and quotes.
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support.
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues.
- To detect and prevent fraudulent activities.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about available insurance products and services which we offer that are similar to those that you have expressed interest or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Retention of Data
When you close your account, we may continue to communicate with you about our Services, give you important business updates that may affect you, and let you know about products and services that may interest you, unless you have opted out of receiving marketing communications. We may also continue to use some of your information for business purposes and to improve our offerings or in some cases to develop new ones.
We will retain and use your Personal Data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
Together As One Financial will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
How We Share Your Information
Quote Information and Application Information with insurance carriers to obtain quotes and submit and process insurance applications.
Information we collect, generally
- With certain third-party vendors that help us administer the Site and/or Services (and who has agreed to keep personal information they receive confidentially and use it only or the purpose of providing their piece of our Services), including by:
- Storing and hosting our content or your data;
- Performing analytics on our Site and Services; and
- Providing operations and marketing assistance to us.
- With corporate Affiliates including any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- With counterparties in the course of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, some or all of the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, when required by law, in connection with a court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency, or whenever we believe that disclosing such information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of us or others.
How we protect your information
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.